SCP 743 for Maritime issues such as:
- Reinforcing steel corrosion
- Deicing chemical & freeze-thaw damage
- Concrete contamination
- Moisture migration
- Porous concrete
- Alkali-aggregate reactivity
- Concrete carbonation
SCP 743 Benefits for Maritime Concrete:
- Penetrates to protect reinforcing steel
- Waterproofs concrete by forming a gel within the concrete capillaries & pores
- Can purge and/or encapsulate contaminants within the concrete capillary & pore structure
- Improves concrete pH to help protect reinforcing steel
- Locks in free alkali to mitigate efflorescence
SCP 743 rescues Life Saving Clubhouse that was exposed to almost 50-years of salt and wind attack in a severe marine environment.
The Mentone Life Saving Clubhouse was built in 1963. For almost 50 years, the concrete structure incurred rainwater intrusion and salt attack, and prolonged leaks. Thousands of dollars were spent on various crack repair technologies, cathodic protection, and other solutions, without success.
In 2010, the Club Council turned to SCP 743 technology. A single application of SCP 743 was applied to the entire roof before the structural cracks were filled with an elastomeric crack sealer. With SCP 743 in the concrete, the water leaks ceased. SCP 743 rescued the Mentone Life Saving Clubhouse roof.
Learn about Infrastructure